Doug Dimmel- Drums
:: Co-founder, Drum Instructor ::
Doug Dimmel started his music career at age 10, establishing “The Classmen”. This group toured to the Far East, Germany, Canada and the U.S. Doug earned a degree in Music at the UMKC Conservatory, where he was elected President of the Percussion Ensemble.
In Nashville, as Barbara Mandrell’s drummer he appeared on the Arsenio Hall & Pat Sajack Shows, Hee Haw, the Literacy Awards from the White House, and the Disney July 4th Special, to name a few.
Doug was a clinician while endorsed by Vic Firth Sticks, Remo Drums, Gibraltar Hardware, and taught for the Kansas City School District. Doug produced “Inside Story” for TV 50, Promise Keepers ’95 special, the 32nd Dove Awards live Webcast, multiple CD projects and was nominated for a Media Mix Award in ’94.
Public Relations Director/Radio Personality
- Co-Hosted the 32nd Annual Dove Awards for exclusive live webcast
- Hosted “Night Grooves”
- Hosted Family Night at the Kansas City Blades Hockey Team
- Nominated for Media Mix Award – Kansas City
Public Relations Direction
- Placed YouthFront in over 40 media locations every year.
- Created media fax list of over 130 local and national outlets.
- Developed Crisis Management Plan.
- Corodinated Wizard’s/Comets, “Youth Soccer Nights” with FCA for concert/game package promotional events
Producer/ Video Editor
- Proposed & produced all-teen “Impact Band” and developed performance opportunities with video, audio recording, multiple television appearances.
- Producer: “Dying to Know Myself” Pool Boys Album Project
- Producer: “All About You” Bob McCartney Album Project
- Producer, Writer, Director for 399 episodes of “Inside Story”.
- Intiated free satellite interviews and developed promo campaign.
- Guest Host, Field-Reporter, Editor, V.O.
- The Kansas City Chief’s Sports Special
- The Family Entertainment of Branson
- Promise Keepers ’95 from Minneapolis
- Music and Percussion Teacher, Melcher Magnet School.
- Produced, Created, Co-writer on “School is Okay,” music video.
- Barbara Mandrell Touring Drummer/Vocalist on such events as:
- The Arsenio Hall Show
- The Pat Sajack Show
- Salute to the Desert Storm Troops live from D.C.
- “Literacy Awards” live from the White House
- Welcome Home Salute from Andrews Air Force Base
- National July 4 Celebration from Disneyland
- Drummer/Vocalist with Word Recording Artists
- Wayne Watson concert Video
- “Just what You’re Looking For” Tour with Wayne Watson & Terri Desario
- “Another Friday Night” Drummer – Kenny Marks CD
- “Godzilla” Australian Tour – Kenny Marks & Remarkables
- “I’ll Be a Friend to You” Australian Tour – Kenny Marks & Remarkables
- “Makin’ It” Published article for Modern Drummer Magazine (1990)
- “Julie” Billboard Magazine picked to hit the “Hot 100” chart
- “Graduation Goodbye” Continues as an oldie during the graduation season
- USO Tour to Europe
- USO Tour to the Far East
As a mom it is so comforting to know that my child is in safe hands with Miss Caitlin. I can trust that my daughter will safely learn great technique and ballet vocabulary even at a young age while having a great time.
I love how Caitlin knows every child — their strengths and weaknesses — and knows how, who and when to push into the next level.
My kids love her so much that they bring her home with them! Even as they are playing, my girls teach their younger siblings everything they’ve learned, just the way Caitlin teaches them in class. It’s so sweet to watch!
I love how Miss Caitlin incorporates the elements of worship into each ballet class imparting her love for God into my children. She really knows how to take the tool (dance) and use it to worship the Lord! Everywhere we go, at church, at home, where ever their is music, my girls take the skills they learned in class along with their love for God imported to them and worship away!